Thursday, February 28, 2008
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
I wrote down goals for myself.
I've never read any self help books or anything like them, but I do know making goals for yourself is healthy and can help you 'find out who you really are' or . . . some dumb zen mind-body-soul type shit. I'm not sure. Some aren't even goals, but are just things I want to accomplish before my next birthday. They are not in order of importance. I usually don't get too personal with the stuff I write here, so read with that in mind I guess.
Below is what I wrote, verbatim, in a notebook:
Things that need to happen before I turn 25
1.) Work Out. Fucking do it.
2.) Eat Vitamins. They'll only help.
3.) Limit Alcohol Consumption. Boo too much of a good thing.
4.) Play the Lottery. Can't win if you don't play!
5.) Talk to Strangers. Break out of the shell.
6.) Get a Job. Not having one is hurting my wallet, and possibly, my self esteem.
7.) Don't Worry. Worrying gets you nowhere. Things will fall into place.
8.) Get a tattoo. Aesthetically pleasing & something I deeply care about.
9.) Travel More. Find a way to travel on a slim budget.
10.) Get rid of Unnecessary personal possessions. Some things collect dust. Some people have a use for those things.
Will I follow through with any of them? Maybe. Probably not. Hopefully. But if I accomplish one or more, perhaps I'll be better from it. Who knows.
Sappy blog post check - 1. I'll try to stick to my moronic and slightly chuckle-worthy self from now on. In the meantime, wrap it up, kids.
Monday, February 25, 2008
- How does the winner of Best Costume Design (Elizabeth) wear such a hideous outfit? I know nothing about fashion, I'll be the first to admit it. What I do know is that lady walked into her den and pulled the drapes off the window, quickly wrapped it around her albino-esque body, and exited the room.
- The Montage is still one of the greatest things ever. Period.
- Dear Katherine Heigl - No one cares you're nervous. You look hot. Please act like it.
- Eddie Murphy - Please make 1 movie where you don't play multiple characters. We get it. You're 'versatile' and 'funny'. In fact, how about you just stick to making Beverly Hills Cop movies. People liked those. I don't think I've enjoyed any of your movies that have come out in the past 10 years. (Shrek doesnt count). If you do decide to make another BHC movie, make sure Judge Reinhold is in it.
- "The Happy Working Song" - The 21st century's answer to "Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody do their Share" song. I can't believe this l'il ditty is being sung at the Oscars. Slim pickin's for original music in the movies last year eh? I Wonder what would happen if sweatshop tyrants played this song all day. The kids productivity would SOAR! SOAR I TELL YOU!
- Catherine Zeta-Jones...Douglas? I know it's a bit late - but - honey, you could've done better.
- And the Golden Compass wins for Visual FX! All I gotta say is, SUCK IT, MICHAEL BAY!
- The 'Binoculars & Parascopes' and 'Bad Dreams' montages were very worthwhile. I don't care what anyone says!
- So the guy who won for the 'Peter and the Wolf' actually brought the Peter doll on stage with him. I was burning with anticipation of what he would do with it. I was hoping he would be a ventriloquist and thank the academy with the doll. Sadly, no dice. He brought the puppet on stage, and then did NOTHING with it. WTF. He strolled on down and acted completely normal. What a letdown.
- How many of Jon Stewart's comments were ad-libbed? I want to know this answer.
- Per Hallberg - aka guy who won for sound editing (Bourne Ultimatum) looks like a straight up child molester. The dangly earring and blond ponytail are a bit much dude. Per Hallberg? More like Perv Hallberg (I'm sure he's never heard this one before...)
- I feel like I could hang out with Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill. And then I feel like they could make me famous by giving me a small, yet memorable role in an upcoming movie of theirs. Yes, my path to success in this world relies on Seth Rogen & Jonah Hill.
- On Frank Caliendo and Frank Caliendo portraying George Bush in those awful 'Frank TV' commercials - "Well, both of them won't be around much longer". - Dan Krueger
- Harrison Ford looks like he absolutely HATES life. Hates it. Is it because you're still dating Calista Flockhart? She looks like an emu that got in a fight with a bulldozer.
- Me Tarzan. You Diablo Cody. (Aka winner of original screenplay for Juno. She wore this jungle inspired leopard dress. This morning, I discovered that she is a former stripper. Ah, this is all falling into place now...)
- Last but not least, Mr. Daniel Day Lewis (DDL from now on) for being such a badass. At least, for being a badass in all of his movies. But during the acceptance speech, he seemed really awkward, and extremely timid. I guess he's just the best actor of all time, cuz his demeanor really caught me off guard. Give that man a hatchet!
There you have it. Post-Oscar thoughts. Do you have any? Did you even watch it? Leave a comment and let me know.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
35.) Beck - Timebomb
34.) Robbie Rivera - Which Way You're Going
33.) Keane - Broken Toy
32.) Oren Lavie - Her Morning Elegance
31.) The Whigs - Right Hand on My Heart
30.) Doug Burr - Thing About Trouble
29.) Linkin Park - Shadow of the Day (Blake Jarrel Remix)
28.) Michael Jackson - P.Y.T. (original)
27.) Shiny Toy Guns - You are the One
26.) Every Move a Picture - Signs of my life
25.) The Lovemakers - Shake that Ass
24.) Peaches - Boys Want to be Her
23.) Anberlin - Inevitable
22.) Mark Ronson ft. Lily Allen - Oh My God
21.) The Weepies - Stars
20.) Story of the Year - March of the Dead
19.) The Sharp & Harkins Band - TEHO
18.) Talib Kweli - Go With Us
17.) Justice - D.A.N.C.E.
16.) Sea Wolf - Winter Windows
15.) DJ Shadow - You Made it
14.) Obadiah Parker - Hey Ya
13.) Chemical Brothers - Saturate
12.) Bitter:Sweet - The Mating Game
11.) The Black Keys - Give your Heart Away
10.) Atmosphere - Little Math You
9.) Atmosphere - The Things that Hate Us
8.) Atmosphere - Domestic Dog
7.) Snoop Dogg ft. Too $hort & Mistah Fab - Life of tha Party
6.) Beatfreakz - Somebody's Watching Me
5.) Evans Blue - Caught a Lite Sneeze
4.) Evans Blue - Possession
3.) Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion
2.) Evans Blue - In a Red Dress and Alone
1.) LCD Soundsystem - Get Innocuous! (Soulwax Remix)
Videos/Links to come when and if I feel like it.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Hey are your feet ok? Need me to come take care of you? No? You sure? Ok...
In all seriousness - this is just wrong to subject men to stuff like this.
I call this one "The Luckiest job(s) in the World". I bet the photographer was gay.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Also deserving mention is Atmosphere's new album When Life Gives you Lemons, you Paint that Shit Gold. It comes out in about 2 months. In the meantime, I highly advise you to go download Strictly Leakage here for free:
Feb. Tunes will be posted soon, and plenty of songs from that album will be on there. In the meantime, happy Thursday - don't let a ridiculous greeting card company holiday get you down.
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Aaaaand then I notice that I'm about 8 inches deep in snow. And this is right outside the door - meaning there was more until I pushed the snow from the door swinging open.
Well well well. Some Duckaroos quackin in the river. How are their webbed feet not cold? Seriously...
Panning right: You could see super-thin sheets of ice floating down the river.
I think the congregation doubled in 10 seconds of them seeing me. Guys, I seriously have no bread.
Expressing my distaste for powder.
Panning Left: Who's gonna win a photo competition? THIS GUY. You should see the hi-res version of this.
Summer can't come soon enough...